The following errors appear when the detector is powered on:
- Lamp data not found.
- System not calibrated.
- Method not found
The IEEE address is reset to the default value of 4.
- 2487 Dual-Wavelength Absorbance Detector
The battery is dead or weak.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Replace the 3V lithium battery (Waters part number WAT080443). The battery is located on the CPU board, so observe proper safety measures when replacing it, or contact a certified Waters Field Service engineer to replace it.
- Manually calibrate the detector by pressing Shift +3 while the flow is on, and then reset the IEEE address.
To set or change an IEEE-488 address:
- Press CONFIGURE (Shift DIAG) on the 2487 Detector keypad. The first configuration screen containing the current IEEE-488 address appears.
- Key in the desired IEEE-488 address.
- Press Enter. The IEEE-488 address is entered immediately (power reset is not required).
- Press Next to move to the next configuration screen or press HOME to return to the Absorbance screen.