- When user tries to start any method, the status shows the system as "Not available". See screen shot below:
Under regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Waters\Instruments\ACQ-AAO\ServiceSettings > the SerializedObjects is missing.
- Analyst 1.6.2 with Windows 7, 64 bit
- ACQUITY H-Class
- Waters Driver Pack 4 Supplemental Release 1 (DP4SR1)
An incompatible security mode is being used with Analyst DP4 SR1 (v1.65).
Driver Pack 4 Supplemental Release 1 (DP4SR1) is not compatible with Integrated mode.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Switch from Integrated mode (which uses the Windows login) to Mixed mode (which requires a login to Analyst and the ACQUITY method editor).
- To check the security mode:
a. Log in to Analyst.
b. Click on Configure.
c. Click on Security contents, and then click More.
d. Check the modes.
There are three security modes available in Analyst software:
1. Mixed mode - requires a login to Analyst each time and a one-time (per user) login to ACQUITY control
2. Integrated mode - uses the Windows login and does not require additional login to Analyst or ACQUITY control
3. Single-user mode - turns security off. No login and no user-specified roles or privileges