- The following error message appears when restoring file data from NuGenesis:
"Failed to extract file(s) to folder <temp path>.
Please ensure that there is sufficient disk space for file. If there is sufficient disk space, please try again as the network\DB connection may have been lost."
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS SR1
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS FR1
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS SR2
This message typically does not indicate a lack of storage space. The most common causes for the error message: the file(s) were moved to offline storage and the offline storage device is offline; or, the file is in a Managed Storage project and the FTP storage location for the project is not available. This article describes the steps to troubleshoot files on an Offline Storage (OSM) device. If you are not sure of where the file is stored, consult the article Error: "Failed to extract file(s) to folder..." message in NuGenesis SDMS Restore to begin your troubleshooting.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Per the steps in Error: "Failed to extract file(s) to folder..." message in NuGenesis SDMS Restore, get the moved out device name, volume name, and file name from NuGenesis WebVision.
- Log in to the NuGenesis Service Configuration Console (SCC) with administrator privileges.
- Select the Offline Storage Manager module. Stop OSM if it is running.
- Select the Device Configuration tab.
- Locate the Moved Out Device Name in the list. Select that device and click Edit.
- Make note of the Device Type. OSM supports several different types of storage devices. Some types (such as DVD jukeboxes) support multiple volumes, while others (such as RAID Drives and HSM Store) have only a single volume.
- Confirm that the Device UNC path is still valid. Verify that the path is online and that the NuGenesis RPC service user can access the UNC path.
- Copy the Device UNC path into the Run prompt. If the storage location is available, browse through the files to locate the Moved Out File Name.