- When printing data to a Managed Storage project, or when copying/moving records between projects via SDMS WebVision, the process may fail with an error message, or the files may be on the wrong FTP site.
- When archiving files to a Managed Storage project, some or all of the files may remain in the TE_TEMP folder with the "mark_bad" file extension and the error "[NG14570] Unknown database error" in the log files.
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS
The NuGenesis server software maintains a cache of Managed Storage locations. The cache is indexed only by the host name. If two MS locations have the same host name but a different port number, the software may use the wrong entry from the cache.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Disable the Managed Storage locations cache by adding the following registry key to the NuGenesis file capture server:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NuGenesis Technologies Corp.\NuGenesis\8.0\config
- Name: DisableMStoreCache
- Type: REG_BINARY
- Data: 01
- Restart the NuGenesis RPC 8.0 service on the file capture server.
SCR 18711 is filed for this issue.