- Users access applications on a Citrix server through a Citrix client connection and print reports from those applications to NuGenesis UNIFY printers installed on the Citrix server
- Print jobs from those users are not processed
- The print jobs clear the UNIFY printer queue
- A .mark_bad file is created in the NuGenesis TE_TEMP folder for the print job
- The .mark_bad file contains the following error message:
ErrorString1=2:1:2834:Server name is blank
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS
- Citrix XenApp versions as supported for use with NuGenesis 8
One or more users were connected to the Citrix server via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) while users were connected and printing via Citrix clients.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Log off all users who may be logged in to the Citrix servers via RDP. Normal operation of NuGenesis UNIFY will resume when there are no RDP connections.
- The .mark_bad files, if present, will be moved into NuGenesis at a later time; or, users can re-print their reports.
- Do not allow users to RDP into Citrix servers while users are printing via Citrix clients.
- Schedule maintenance work that requires RDP for server downtime or off-business hours, OR
- Use a non-RDP remote control solution, such as VNC, to access the Citrix servers during peak hours. VNC does not have this effect on the UNIFY printers.
Defect CRI-81 was filed for this issue.