- Internet Explorer prompts the user to open or save an NGX file when clicking on a record in WebVision:
- "Do you want to open or save Filename.ngx?"
- After clicking Open, the file incorrectly attempts to open in Adobe Acrobat:
- "Acrobat could not open 'Filename.ngx' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."
- NuGenesis 9 SDMS
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS
- Internet Explorer 11
The Internet Explorer security settings are set too high for the WebVision site's security zone, and Adobe Acrobat is incorrectly registered as the application for the .NGX file type.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools menu > Internet Options
- Click the Security tab
- Click Trusted sites
- Set the security level on the Trusted Sites zone to Medium-low
- Run the following program on the Start menu or the Start screen: NuGenesis 8.0 > Register SDMS MIME Type