- The following error message appears when logging in to, or starting, NuGenesis UNIFY or SDMS Administrator:
- [NG15504] An error occurred while reading the Local Project List.
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS
- SDMS client software installed on client PCs or on Citrix servers
The win.ini file in use by the application has an invalid or blank path for the NuGenesis installation directory.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Open (with administrative rights) the following file in Notepad: C:\Windows\win.ini
- Look for the following text:
[NuGenesis Info 8.0]
LongInstallDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\NuGenesis 8.0
LongNgCommFilesDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\NuGenesis 8.0\Common Files
- Edit the paths to point to the installation directory for NuGenesis 8.0 software.
- Save and close the file.
- If users connect through a Citrix server, copy the following files to all of the user profiles on the Citrix server(s):
- If the user profiles are stored on a central server, work with the Citrix administrator to copy the INI files to all of the profiles on the server.
Right click on the Application - click "Run as administrator"
In Windows 7, Server 2008, and later versions, there is a policy called "User Account Control: Virtualize file and registry write failures to per-user locations". This policy, when active, redirects applications to the local application data folder: "%localappdata%\VirtualStore\"
The INI files in the VirtualStore folder may not have the "NuGenesis Info 8.0" entries, or they may have incorrect paths in the entries. If this is the case, copy C:\Windows\win.ini to the VirtualStore folder in each user's profile.