OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Add the NuGenesis SDMS WebVision site to Internet Explorer's Trusted Sites list, so that the site functions as expected within the browser.
- NuGenesis 8 SDMS
- Open a browser tab or window and enter the URL for the WebVision site. Example: http:// ng8server/servlet/WebVisionServlet/
- Use https: for the WebVision URL if the system is NuGenesis 8 SR2.
- Click the Tools menu > Internet Options menu item.
- Click the Security tab in the Internet Options dialog box.
- Internet Explorer selects the site's current security zone when the security tab is selected. If the Trusted zone is selected, click Cancel to close the Internet Options box.
- Select the Trusted sites zone and click the Sites button.
- Click the Add button to add the WebVision site to the list. Clear the "Require HTTPS verification for sites in this zone" check box as necessary.
- Click OK to the dialog boxes and reload the WebVision site.
Internet Explorer's security zone settings and/or the Trusted Sites settings may be blocked by domain group policy. If that is the case, the relevant options in the Internet Options dialog box will be unavailable ("grayed-out") to users. Contact the local domain administrator in order to modify the domain group policy so that WebVision is added to the Trusted Sites list.