- Cannot launch DriftScope
- Error message: Java Virtual Machine Launcher X could not find the main class. Program will exit.
- DriftScope (potentially any version)
- Windows 7, including 64 bit professional edition
Java virtual machine (JVM) or java runtime environment (JRE) components are missing from C:/DriftScope/ , or have become corrupted.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Confirm that Java 3D 1.3.1 and Java (TM) 2 Runtime Environment Standard Edition 1.5.0.X are installed. Where X is 3, 6, 12, or 17.
- Confirm that Visual C++ 2010 32 and 64-bit version is installed. If not, then download the 64-bit version from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...14632#overview.
- If this works, place a copy of the attached Apex3D64_params.txt file in C:\DriftScope\lib\.
The java virtual machine used by Driftscope is independent of the main Java software, and is installed by the Driftscope installer in the C:/Driftscope/ folder. Hence to resolve this error you have to fix the java components in the Driftscope folder rather than re-installing the main java software.
The Java 3D 1.3.1 and Java (TM) 2 Runtime Environment Standard Edition can be found on the MassLynx SCN installation disk under ISSetupPrerequisites.