- Opening the ACQUITY Console generates error:
- MassLynx 4.1 SCN 873
- Windows 7
- ACQUITY UPLC
- ICOPs 1.5
- The "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error is usually caused by a failure to register ACQUITY instrument control software.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Run the StopACQUITYProcesses.cmd from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waters Instruments\Bin"
Insert the ICOP 1.5 media disc into the PC
Browse the contents of the DVD to find ICSCompanionSetup.exe
Copy ICSCompanionSetup.exe directly to the C drive.
Open a command prompt (via Windows Start menu --> Run--> cmd)
Chang directories from the C:\Users directory to C: by using this command: cd ..
Type in this command and then hit enter: ICSCompanionSetup.exe /v"SKIP=TRUE"
Reopen MassLynx and the MS console to test.
- This is NOT an issue with .NET Framework itself. DO NOT remove or re-install .NET framework.
- .Net errors are generated when a piece of software that uses Microsoft's .NET framework encounters an error
- See KCS : Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object