- The standalone Diversity Browser opens but goes to "not responding" state when trying to open an OpenLynx report (*.rpt) file
- The issue occurs only on customer's company-supported desktop PC
- A standalone Diversity Browser installed on a Waters-supplied acquisition PC does not exhibit this issue
- The Diversity Browser that is part of a full installation of MassLynx on the acquisition PC does not exhibit this issue
- RPT files can be opened with other applications—Word, Wordpad, Notepad
- The issue is observed after PC is rebooted and company updates are pushed out
- Laboratory PC and user's desktop PC have the same Windows updates and hotfixes installed
- The issue is not reproducible on Waters company PCs or laptops
- MassLynx 4.2 SCN 962
- MassLynx 4.2 SCN 982
- Diversity Browser
- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Service Pack 1
- McAfee antivirus software
McAfee Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is enabled on the customer's company laptop/desktop PC.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Disable McAfee Data Loss Prevention (DLP).