This article is part of a troubleshooting path. If the symptoms below do not precisely match your issue, or if the solution has not fixed the issue, consider starting at the beginning of the path using this link
- The ACQUITY system or part of it is missing from the MS console
- MassLynx 4.1
- ACQUITY UPLC
- LCMS system
- The PC closes unexpectedly and MassLynx is not shut down properly.
- MassLynx is opened when the ACQUITY is either off or does not have communication with the PC (error state).
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Exit MassLynx.
- Reboot the PC.
- Log back in to Windows.
- Power-cycle the entire ACQUITY stack. (Power-cycle = turn the power off, wait 15 seconds, and turn it back on)
- With a piece of peek tubing, press the reboot switch for the epc on the MS. (The reboot switch is usually in a small hole near the power switch.)
- Wait five minutes for the MS to boot up.
- Start MassLynx.
- Verify that all components (LC and MS) are in the MS console.