- After a PC reboot due to application of Windows Updates, there is no communication with the instrument.
- MassLynx 4.1
- Xevo G2-S Tof
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class
Improper reboot after updates.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Exit all programs.
- Run the Stopacquityprocesses.cmd file found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Waters Instruments\bin.
- Shut down the PC.
- Turn off the ACQUITY stack.
- Wait at least 30 seconds before turning on the PC. Wait for PC to boot up.
- Log in to your Windows account. Allow it to completely boot up, with the mouse idle.
- Turn on your SM first (because this is typically the piece that has all of the Ethernet connections plugged into it).
- Wait a few moments before turning on your other ACQUITY modules.
- Wait for the SM and BSM to complete their initialization routines. You should see a solid green power light when completed.
- Go to the back of the MS and put the system into pump override. Then turn off the electronics switch.
- Leaving the system in override, wait about 30 seconds before turning on the electronics switch.
- You can check the Waters DHCP Server Configuration window to watch for MS to appear. Also go to the Windows Start menu > Run > Ping epc.
- Expand the Ping window to maximize and fill your monitor. Once you get an entire monitor’s worth of replies from the EPC, close the Ping window and start up MassLynx.
- Verify that MassLynx starts properly. If the system is communicating, switch the pump override switch back to the Auto position.