- Sample list paused with Data buffer Overflow message from the PDA
- MassLynx 4.1 SCN 940
- ICOP's 1.60
- ACQUITY PDA
- Antivirus software is scanning during runs.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Reset PDA communications in ACQUITY Console.
- Reboot the PC.
- Configure the antivirus software as recommended in the Driver Pack 4 Release notes:
If you are using real-time virus scanning, exclude the data system and instruments folders and sub-folders as shown below. Some real-time virus scanners can mistake normal data acquisition and instrument control for virus activity and thus interfere with proper operations. Full-system scans and live updates can be network-intensive, disk-intensive, and CPU-intensive, and they can also interfere with normal data acquisition. Schedule scans and updates for idle times when data acquisition does not occur.
Exclude these folders:
- For Empower 2 and Empower 3 installations, the Empower installation folder, usually "C:\Empower", and its sub-folders.
- For MassLynx installations,
- "C:\Program Files\Waters Instruments", and its sub-folders ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Waters Instruments" on 64-bit machines).
- the MassLynx installation folder, usually "C:\Masslynx", and its sub-folders.
- For standalone console software and other third party installations, "C:\Program Files\Waters Instruments", and its sub-folders ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Waters Instruments" on 64-bit machines).
Certain anti-virus program features like "intrusion prevention" and "tamper protection" can also interfere with normal operation. Disable these features as well.