- "Internal Error: Reset communications from control menu"
- Trying to start Sample Tune and Develop Method in IntelliStart
- Resetting from control menu does not resolve
- Resetting EPC does not resolve
- Found: Multiply Charged Parents is selected
- Found: Molecular formula entered in the Parent Mass column
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo TQ-S micro
- MassLynx 4.1
- Sample Tune and Develop Method (STDM)
The molecular formula was entered for the Parent Mass in the STDM setup. This field requires that the m/z be entered.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- If Multiply Charged Parents is required, specify the parent ion m/z as a numerical value.
- If Multiply Charged Parents is not required, disable this feature.
The Multiply Charged Parents feature in STDM does not provide a place to specify the number of charges. You must specify the m/z on which the software will tune. Specifying the molecular formula provides only the molecular weight of the compound. With no entry for the number of charges, the m/z for a multiply charged parent ion is unknown and cannot be determined by the software.