- Communication Error on two PDAs on two systems attached to a LAC/E.
- Empower Enterprise
Power outage attributed to a corrupt Instsrv.dat file.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Select Configure the System.
- Select Nodes on the left side of the Configuration Manager Screen.
- Highlight node name, right-click, and select Properties.
- Select the DHCP tab and click on the Configure DHCP icon.
- Verify the IP addresses and ping the addresses.
- Ensure that Instrument LAN is set with correct IP (for example, 192.168.0.1) and can ping this address on node.
- View the Instruments tab and ensure that all the components are listed and say Yes in the OK column.
- Click on Run Samples and launch the console.
- Reset the PDAs.
- If able to ping and the components say Yes in the Instruments tab, and recycling/resetting the instruments do not correct the Communication Error, then the likely issue is a corrupted INSTsrv.dat file.
- Take screen shots of the properties of the system (all tabs) and the node (Instruments tab and the DHCP window).
- Delete all chromatographic systems connected to LAC/E.
- Delete/remove in instruments tab of node properties.
- Delete/remove Configure DHCP entries.
- Delete file C:\Empower\Instrumentserver\instsrv.dat (alternatively, rename this file).
- Stop ACQUITY Processes C:\Empower\Instruments\bin\StopACQUITYProcesses.cmd.
- Delete C:\Empower\Instruments\Settings\ACQUITYSettings.xml (alternatively, rename this file).
- Power-down instruments and LAC/E (if there is a Milan Network Switch, unplug this from the outlet).
- Power-up LAC/E and log into Windows.
- Plug in network switch if available.
- Power-up all instruments and wait for instruments to become completely idle. (First, power-on the component that has the built-in hub, then the rest of the stack.)
- Double click file C:\Empower\instruments\Waters DHCP Server Configuration.exe and verify that all instruments are added and have assigned IP, serial number and type.
- Once all components are added, launch the CMD Prompt, and then ping all instruments by IP address.
- Log in to Empower, go to Configuration Manager, select Node Properties, and go to the Instruments tab. Confirm that all components are in Instruments tab with Yes in the OK column.
- Once all are Yes in Instruments tab, create chromatographic systems in Configuration Manager, and then select Run Samples, launch Console, and verify that there are no errors on each component.