- The server name does not appear in the Empower login window.
- TNSnames.ora file is there and does have the server name listed.
- Cannot log into Empower.
- DCOM settings look fine.
- User permissions look fine.
- Empower 3
- Empower 2
- Empower 3 Personal
- Empower 3 Workgroup
- Empower 3 Enterprise
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Look for the WATNAMES.ORA file in the \empower\script folder. If you find one, delete it.
- Restart the PC or Citrix server and log into Empower again. Manually type in the new QA alias from the new tnsnames file.
- After a successful login, a new WATNAMES.ORA file is created with the new alias to QA and the login drop-down menu should have the QA alias from that point on.