OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Restore the database from a database backup after replacing the hard drive.
- Empower 3 Personal
- This procedure does not apply to Workgroup or Enterprise versions
Recommendation: If you acquired important data on the database you are currently using, before you start the database restoration process, back up the projects to a location other than the hard disk, and scan the disk for errors. Restoring a database overwrites any data currently in the database.
Requirement: To restore the Empower database, log in to the Empower node using the same operating system administrator account that you used to install the software—this account is automatically a member of the ORA_DBA user group.
- Log in to the system using the operating system account that was used to install the chromatography software.
- Browse to the X:\Empower\Bin directory.
- Highlight the RestoreDB.exe program file, and then double-click it.
- In the Restore Database - Restore from Directory screen, click Browse, and then select the backup's directory.
- Select the check box to include raw data files to ensure that all data files are restored.
- Follow the instructions that appear in the wizard.
- View and/or print the log file that results from the restore process.
- When the restoration is complete, reboot the system.
This procedure also appears in the Empower 3 help menus.