In the Waters licensing wizard, after browsing to the software registration file and selecting Activate, an error occurs stating: "Not a valid software registration file"
- Empower 2 Feature Release 5 (FR5)
- Empower 3
- Breeze 2
- The SoftwareRegistration.lic File is only 1 KB in size. Inspect file size. A good file is 2KB size.
- Open the file using Notepad. If it is empty, it is a bad file
- Not logged in with local administrator privileges
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Log in as a local administrator to create a valid Software Registration file.
- If the file is still only 1 KB, close the Waters Licensing Wizard. Launch it again but instead, right click and select "Run as administrator". Save the SoftwareRegistration.lic file and it should be 2 KB in size.
If there is a copy of the Software Registration File that was created during a previous activation process, you can reuse it. But if that file was overwritten during the process of creating a new one, that option is unavailable.