- Waters Agilent Plug-In Server application failure is encountered when connecting to an instrument or creating an instrument method
- Server Busy window pops up a few minutes later
- Empower 3 Feature Release 2 (FR2) and above
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7
- Agilent ICF Support v3.0 was installed or upgraded (from ICF Support v2.2) via a push (either by PSExec or a third-party utility) over the network
.NET is not upgraded to v4.6.2 as expected.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Manually install .NET v4.6.2 prior to initiating the Agilent ICF Support v3.0 push installation, OR
- Install Agilent ICF Support v3.0 interactively using the Deployment Manager
This problem has been observed with new installations of Agilent ICF Support v3.0 AND upgrades from v2.2. This defect is logged as PCS # 56558 and has been reproduced on Windows Server 2008 using UNC paths and mapped drives to the media on network.