- Only need to collect data from ECD detector (2424), 2489 is powered-off. Creating new Instrument methods and new system did not work. System configuration has 2489, e-2695, and 2424 (all Ethernet.)
- Empower 3 Feature Release 2.
- Enterprise, client server.
- Ethernet-controlled Waters instruments (2489, e-2695 and 2424).
This is a defect reported under PCS #45505 titled: Do not turn off Ethernet instruments within an Empower instrument method.
- Do not turn off Ethernet device from within the Empower instrument method, as this can cause several issues during the run. If a device is not needed in the chromatographic system, this device should not be included when the system is created.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Recreate a chromatographic system in Empower using only the required instruments needed to collect data.
- Create a separate instrument method in Empower with only the required instruments.