- Control panel is not available after installing ICF 3.0 on an Empower client
- Control panel is visible when remoted directly onto LAC/E32
- LAC/E32 has 7890 Driver version 2.6 installed and was not updated to ICF 3.0
- COM settings are correct per release notes for ICF 3.0 (page 35—PCS 56149)
- When opening an instrument method from the client, "NO BITMAP" appears and there is no information for the driver
- PreConfiguration Utility steps fail (see ICF 3.0 release notes for PreConfiguration Utility steps)
- Empower 3 Enterprise
- Agilent Instrument Control Framework (ICF) Support v3.0
- Agilent 7890 GC
- Agilent 7697A Headspace
ICF 3.0 needs to be installed on the LAC/E32.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Install ICF 3.0 on the LAC/E32.
The legacy 7890GC driver v2.6, HCO v3.0 drivers, and the new ICF v3.0 drivers can coexist on the same Empower node (client or LAC/E).
To leverage the new ICF-based drivers for GC/HS control, they must be installed on any and all Empower nodes that will interact with the instrument and data acquired from the instrument (for example, processing and reporting of data).
The ICF-based driver offers a level of backward compatibility in that an Empower client with ICF v3.0 should be able to control an instrument on a LAC/E running a lower, yet compatible version of ICF. It is the best practice to have the same version across the network.