- Error when logging in to Empower: "Database connection failure, ORA -1, ORA 12537, TNS connection closed"
- Computer name hasn't changed since installation of Empower
- Reboot of computer does not resolve issue
- Empower 3 Personal workstation
The ORA 12537 error is an information message that the connection has been closed, which can be for any of numerous reasons.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Disable Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IP v6):
- Go to Network and Sharing from the Control Panel > Change Adapter Settings.
- Select the appropriate NIC and select Properties.
- Clear the selection for TCP/IP v6.
Confirm that the fast recovery directory (X:\Empower\Oracle\fast_recovery_area) is in place.