- Error when logging in to Empower: "Database connection failure, ORA -1, ORA 12537, TNS connection closed"
- Computer name hasn't changed since installation of Empower
- Reboot of computer does not resolve issue
- Empower 3 Personal
The ORA 12537 error is an information message that the connection has been closed, which can be for any of numerous reasons.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Disable Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IP v6):
- Go to Network and Sharing from the Control Panel > Change Adapter Settings.
- Select the appropriate NIC and select Properties.
- Clear the selection for TCP/IP v6.
Confirm that the fast recovery directory (X:\Empower\Oracle\fast_recovery_area) is in place.
EMP2LIC, EMP2OPT, EMP2SW, EMP3GC, EMP3LIC, EMP3OPT, EMP3SW, EMPGC, EMPGPC, EMPLIC, EMPOWER2, EMPOWER3, EMPSW, SUP