OBJECTIVE or GOAL
This article describes how to create a basic external calibration curve within Empower, starting in the Run Samples window.
- Empower 2
- Empower 3
- Breeze 2
- Open a Run Samples window.
- Fill in the samples table, ensuring that the Function is "Inject Standards" for you standard solutions.
- Go to the top of the Run Samples window and click "Edit - Amounts".
- In the new window, choose "Standards Only" in the drop-down menu at the top right of the window.
- At the bottom left of the window, click the "All Samples" tab.
- In the table in the window, type the name of each component in your standard solution. This MUST be spelled exactly as it will appear in your processing method.
- To the right of the component name, specify the value of each standard solution. There is one column for each standard injection in the Sample Set.
- At the bottom right of the window, click OK. This closes the window, but the information is saved as part of the Sample Set.
- Run your Sample Set.
- After the run is finished, process your data. Empower creates a calibration curve using the information you provided. By default, it is Area vs. Amount.
If you have not entered the component and content information before running the sample, you can also create a processing method after the operation is completed, and then right-click “Change Sample” in the sample group and click “Edit - Content” to fill in. Refer to steps 3-8. This will also work for Breeze 2.