- The message "printer not activated, error code 41" appears sporadically when attempting to print a report
- The results signoff option is enabled
- Users have the same preferences
- Citrix environment
- Multiple servers
A single server in the Citrix environment has a corrupt Waters PDF generator.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Determine which server has the corrupt Waters PDF generator; if known, skip to step 2.
- Force user sign-on to specific Citrix servers
- Perform Result signoff and print
- If no error 41 message appears, move to the next Citrix server
- Take the Citrix server that is giving the error offline.
- Delete and re-install the correct Waters PDF generator, depending on the version of Empower.
- Empower 2 has a Pdfqueue.bat file; Empower 3 has a ConfigPDFDriver.bat file.
- After re-installation, re-start the server.
For the printer permissions, users "Everyone" and "CREATOR OWNER", select to allow Print, Manage the printer, and Manage documents.