- Empower Oracle error ORA 01033: Oracle initialization or shutdown in progress after database hot backup was stuck from running overnight
- Oracle errors occur nightly
- Restarting services does not resolve the error
- The drives on the server have enough space
- Alert log points to the backup processing failing with error "skgspawn failed: category = 27143"
- Third-party backup utility is trying to back up at the same time
- Empower 2 Enterprise
There is a resource issue at the time of the backup to accommodate both the backup and the third-party backup software.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Call Waters Technical Service and ask to speak with a network specialist to recover the database.
- Address the resource issue with the internal database team.