- The instrument in console has triggered a "string" error message and cannot be operated until the message is cleared.
- The message is not recorded in the log files.
- The issue occurs on initialization.
- ACQUITY H-Class Sample Manager (SM-FTN)
- Empower 3 Workstation
- "String" errors are failed commands between the Instrument Control Software and the ACQUITY module.
- The ACQUITY Console has the system identified with different IP addresses than what is configured in Empower.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Remove each component in the Waters DHCP Server Configuration window.
- Power-off all components and the computer.
- Power-on the computer, but do not open Empower.
- Power-on the SM-FTN and wait until it is fully initialized (Run LED will stop flashing green).
- Power-on the pump and wait until it is fully initialized.
- Power-on the detector and wait until it is fully initialized.
- Once all components are in an idle state, you can open Empower and run as usual.