OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Disable power management on the instrument LAN card.
- Windows 7
- Click the Windows "Start" button.
- Click "Control Panel".
- Click "Network and Sharing Center".
- Click "Change Adapter Settings" on the left-hand side of the window.
- Right-click on the icon that is used for the instrument LAN.
- Select "Properties" from the menu.
- Click the "Configure" button.
- Select the "Power Management" tab.
- Clear the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.
- Click "OK".
Further to this, confirm under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options, under Advanced settings for the selected Power Plan that the PCI Express Link State Power Management is set to Off.