- Empower crashes with error message "[project name] MFC Application has stopped working"
- For example, "Harrier MFC Application has stopped working"
- Empower message center shows Oracle database error "ORA-01877: String is too long for internal buffer"
- Empower 3 (multiple versions)
Non-alphanumeric characters were used in Empower 3. These can be regional language characters, mathematical symbols, or invisible characters inadvertently copied from third-party applications such as Microsoft Excel or Word. These can be present in custom fields, method or sample names, or anywhere that has user-entered text fields.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Remove non-alphanumeric characters.
- Sometimes it is necessary to re-make a project from scratch and manually enter text. Avoid copying and pasting text from third-party applications.