- "GC not connected" error when trying to inject samples with Shimadzu GC 2010
- GC is OK? YES in node properties
- GC is configured correctly for COM port 1
- GC was configured correctly using the Shimadzu Instrument Configuration Wizard, followed by system creation
- Shimadzu GC 2010
- Empower 3 Enterprise, FR3 Hotfix 1
- Shimadzu GC driver 2.01
Communication settings on the Shimadzu GC itself were not set to the appropriate parameters.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- On the front panel, set communication settings to the appropriate parameters.
- Remove the Shimadzu GC system from Empower.
- Use the Shimadzu Instrument Configuration Wizard to reconfigure the GC.
- Recreate the Shimadzu GC in Empower. This new system will use the new configuration.
The communication settings for the Shimadzu GC 2010:
Baud Rate: 115200
Number of bits per character: 8
Flow control: NONE
Protocol Level: Level 3