- All instruments connected to Empower workstation have communication failures
- IT recently configured the workstation to have internet access
- All instruments are connected via Ethernet
- Empower 3 Standalone Workstation
The Ethernet cable from the switch box to the PC was unplugged, and the LAN card was disabled.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the correct NIC card (the instrument LAN card).
- Go to the Windows Network and Sharing Center and right-click and enable the instrument LAN card.
- Confirm that Internet Protocol Version 6 is disabled and that Version 4 is enabled.
- Go to the properties of IPv4 and ensure that it is using the default Waters IP address (192.168.0.1) and subnet (255.255.255.0).