OBJECTIVE or GOAL
- How to change wavelengths in the middle of a run. (In this example, how to collect at 254 nm for the first 15 minutes of the run, and then switch to 232 nm for the remainder of the run.)
- Dual wavelength detector
- Log in to Empower.
- Click Browse Projects, select project name, and then click OK.
- In the Project Window, click the Meth pods tab.
- Click File > New > Instrument Method.
- Click the icon for the 2487, and then click the General tab.
- For Wavelength Mode, select Single.
- For Channel 1, select Enable, and indicate 254nm for Description.
- Click the Channel 1 tab and ensure that the Wavelength (nm) for Channel 1 is set to 254.
- All three boxes under Autozero can be left selected ( screenshot attached).
- Next go to the Events Tab, for Threshold events, for Channel 1 select Enable.
- In the Timed Events table, specify 15 for Time (when you want the switch to happen). Event should be Wavelength, Channel should be Channel A, Value should be 232 (wavelength of what you want to switch to).
- Save the method.
- Create a Method Set with the Instrument method and save it.
- Restart the detector.
- Run Samples.