- Clicking on Empower windows that have been idle for some time displays an error window with an ORA-03113 message
- Empower Workgroup
- An external system is terminating idle network connections between the Empower client and the Empower database
- Window if left open over the weekend will lose it's connection when the database shutdowns for cold backup. Disconnect that happens when the database shuts down for cold backup is normal.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Identify the system or device on the network that is terminating the idle network connections, and disable the timeouts.
- If it is not possible to identify the system or device responsible for terminating the idle sessions, refer the customer to Oracle Support article 257650.1 for detail on a method to use SQLPLUS.ORA parameters to workaround the timeouts. Waters does not have authority to post the details of the Oracle article.