OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Tune source for APCI or ESCI mode.
- Mass Spectrometer
- MassLynx 4.1
- Refer to the mass spectrometer's operator's guide for how to install the APCI probe/source (for APCI mode) and corona pin.
- Set the probe temperature high (~600 C) and the desolvation gas high (~1000 L/hr).
- Switch the divert valve to combined and start infusing the sample.
- Start the LC flow at a high flow rate (0.8 - 1 mL/min).
- Mark the probe position so that it is easy to return to the original position for ESI mode.
- Using the silver caliper, adjust the probe position for best sensitivity. This will probably be close to halfway between the cone and the corona pin.
- Adjust the corona pin current setting for the best sensitivity.