OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Removing the QDa pumping block (700009678) to service the stepwave and front-end optics can be difficult. This article includes suggestions for safely removing the pumping block.
- ACQUITY QDa Mass Detector
- Remove the cone.
- Remove the four screws that hold the pumping block insert assembly.
- Start to wiggle the assembly free.
- Apply methanol to the edges of the screw holes and around the edges of the pumping block.
- Continue to wiggle the assembly free.
Leverage - A long-handle screwdriver can be used to provide leverage
- Place a long-handle screwdriver in the preformed grove on the pumping block.
- Brace the end of the screwdriver on the front panel.
- With leverage, carefully wiggle the pumping block to free it from the QDa body.