OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Remove the ion block from an ACQUITY QDa.
- ACQUITY QDa
- Insert a flat-blade screwdriver beneath the top of the calibration pin, and then lever the pin away from the ion block.
- Remove the sample cone assembly from the right-hand side of the ion block.
- Using a 2.5-mm hex wrench, remove the two screws that secure the ion block to the instrument.
- If the ion block includes a slot on the right side near the top, insert the short end of the hex wrench and, using the long end, lever the wrench from side to side to break the seal with the source housing. NOTE: Do not insert any other implement to break the seal between the ion block and the source housing.
- Remove the ion block from the source housing.
Procedure also found in the ACQUITY QDA Overview and Maintenance Guide - 715003956