OBJECTIVE or GOAL
To aid in troubleshooting, configure Hyperterminal to save a record of MS communications.
- Configure Hyperterminal according to the article How to set up Hyperterminal - WKB17402.
- Select Transfer > Capture Text.
- Create a file name for the text file and a location in which to save the file.
Note: Ensure that the file has the extension .txt.
- Click Start.
- The MS EPC dialog is captured in this file.
- If the system stops communicating, capture the status of the MS by typing
printDebugDetails (case sensitive).
- This command prints details of the instrument into the log.
(For example, i = status of the tasks; MemShow = the EPC memory status)
- When monitoring has finished, select Transfer > Capture Text, and click Stop.
Note: If running Hyperterminal to track an intermittent fault over several days, you should stop the logging daily and select a new file. This prevents file sizes from growing to the point they are unusable.
If the computer is rebooted, the logging must be restarted manually as described above.