OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Exchange the argon bottle on a Waters MS.
- SYNAPT family
- Xevo family
1. Put the system in Standby mode.
2. Ensure that the trapping gas is OFF.
3. Close the old argon bottle.
4. Connect the new argon bottle, but do not yet open the regulator.
5. Open the regulator on the new bottle.
6. Open partially the 1/8-inch Swagelok collision gas connection at the back of your SYNAPT and let it purge for one minute to remove any air from the line.
7. Tighten the 1/8-inch Swagelok connection.
8. Switch the instrument back into Operate mode.