OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Reset or establish COMMS on a Xevo MS (except Xevo TQD and TQ-S micro).
- Xevo TQ MS
- Xevo TQ-S
- Xevo G2-S
- Xevo G2-XS
- Xevo TQ-XS
- Set the MassLynx software in Standby mode.
- Activate the TURBO Pump override switch on the back of Xevo (active position is the down position).
- Exit MassLynx.
- Reboot the MassLynx computer.
- Unplug the Ethernet switch-box if you have one in use.
- Power-off all UPLC devices in the stack, with the sample manager last.
- Deactivate the Electronics switch on the back of the Xevo (place switch in down position).
- Log in to the Windows OS on the computer.
- Power on the Ethernet switch-box if you have one in use.
- Open the WatersDHCPServerConfiguration (C:\Program Files(x86)\Waters Instruments) program and remove all the devices.
- Turn on the devices in the ACQUITY UPLC stack, starting with the sample manager.
- Reactivate the electronic switch on the back of the Xevo (place switch in up position).
- Wait for DHCP to completely populate all the devices. Waters recommends that you turn on only one device at a time and wait for DHCP to populate it, and then repeat until all the devices are listed with serial numbers and IP addresses.
- Optional: Use DOS CMD window: "ping epc -t" and check for replies Close DOS CMD window.
- Open MassLynx program.
- Open the Diagnostics tab on the MassLynx Tune page. (Pump override will say "active".)
- Deactivate TURBO Pump Override. (Place the pump override switch in the UP position.) Observe the Diagnostics tab on the Tune page; pump override will say "inactive".
- A "system present" message should appear in the MassLynx Sample List window.