OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Adjust the Veff to shift all of the peaks in the mass range by a given amount.
- Q-Tof Premier
- LCT Premier
- Acquire 30 seconds to one minute of data for the lock mass or calibration solution (where the mass is known).
- Combine and center the data by using Automatic Peak Detection (no lock mass correction) if on Windows XP software or by using Center if on Windows 7 software.
- Note the observed mass for the lock mass or calibration mass (ideally in the middle of the mass range).
- From Engineer settings or the system view, select Acquisition Settings from the system drop-down menu.
- or New Veff = (theoretical mass/observed mass) × old Veff. You can obtain the theoretical mass from the ref file (C:\MassLynx\ref) or mass difference. The old Veff = the Veff in the Acquisition Settings window when it opened.
- In the Acquisition Settings window, replace the old Veff with the new Veff. Select Update, and then select Close.