- "Instrument not present" message
- Roughing pump not responding to pump command
- MassLynx 4.1
Mass spectrometer powered-on before instruments
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Shut down MassLynx and the MS console.
- Navigate to C:/ Program Files X86 / Waters Instruments / Waters DHCP Server Configuration.
- Remove all components in the list (you can remove only one component at a time).
- Power-off the LC, the mass spectrometer, and the computer.
- Power-up the computer and log in to Windows.
- Follow step 2 and leave the DHCP Server Configuration window open.
- Power-on the LC stack, starting with the component that contains the Ethernet hub.
- Monitor the DHCP Server Configuration window to ensure that all LC components populate completely.
- Power-on the mass spectrometer and monitor the DHCP Server Configuration window until the mass spectrometer populates completely.
- Open MassLynx.
- Open tune page, select vacuum, and pump.
- The roughing pump will take approximately five seconds to kick on.
- Navigate to the diagnostics tab of the tune page and monitor turbo speeds. Once they reach 80%, place the mass spectrometer in Operate mode and turn on the API gas.
- If the mass spectrometer was powered-off for an extended period of time, it is best to wait at least four hours for the system to reach optimal vacuum levels.
Never power-off the mass spectrometer when it is under vacuum. The system should first be vented through the tune page.