- Clicking noise when LockSpray pump is flowing
- Typically, no lockmass ion appears on tune page
- Tof systems with integrated fluidics
- Universal LockSpray source
The clicking noise occurs when there is some kind of blockage in the fluidics line downstream of the reference pump.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- With reference fluidics flowing, disconnect the tubing to the LockSpray flange on the source. If the clicking noise stops, the LockSpray capillary and its associated fittings need replacement.
- If the noise continues, go back through the fluid path, disconnecting fittings until you find the blocked component or tubing (determined by when the pump stops clicking).
- Replace relevant parts.
- Test LockSpray fluidics by infusing lockmass and inspecting for the correct ion in the tune page.