- High baseline of 2424 ELSD
- 2424 ELSD
Pollution of drift tube
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Set drift tube temperature to 100 degrees, nebulizer heater level to 100%, and gas pressure to 50 psi,.
- Replace the column with a union.
- Flush the system with acetone for 30 minutes and set the flow to 1ml/min.
- Flush the system with methanol for 30 minutes and set the flow to 1ml/min.
- Flush the system with water for 30 minutes and set the flow to 1ml/min.
- To clean the drift tube, stop the flow and keep the gas pressure, drift tube temperature, and nebulizer heater level for at least two hours.
The procedure given above is more thorough than the normal water-only procedure described in the 2424 Evaporative Light Scattering Detector Overview and Maintenance Guide (715004755) (Chapter 4.6 in Rev. A).