- Opening the ACQUITY console generates error:
- Reboot does not resolve
- Deleting acquitysettings.XML file does not resolve
- Resolution in KCS Article number: 742 does not resolve
- ACQUITY Classic UPLC
- UP PDA
- ICOP version 1.40
- Thermo mass spectrometer
- Windows 7
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Log in with administrator rights on Windows 7.
- Browse to the methods folder (C:/program files (x86)/waters instruments/methods).
- Right-click on the methods folder and select Properties.
- On the security tab, set read/write access for all users.
- Click OK to save your changes and close out of Properties.
- Run the StopACQUITYProcesses.cmd from "C:/Program Files (x86)/Waters Instruments\Bin".
- Launch the the Waters ICS Deployment Manager from "C:/Program Files (x86)/Utilities/ICOP". (If you don't find it in this location, look where the drivers from Thermo are saved.)
- Remove the PDA ICS version 1.40.
- Reboot the PC to confirm that the ACQUITY console opens.
- If you can launch the console, reload the ICS for the PDA using the setup.exe file or the PDA driver provided by Thermo.