OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Manually prime the seal wash on an ACQUITY QSM or BSM.
- ACQUITY UPLC
- ACQUITY H-Class
- ACQUITY I-Class
- ACQUITY APC
- ACQUITY Arc
- Ensure the seal-wash inlet tubing is immersed in the wash solvent.
- Remove the seal-wash outlet tubing from the seal-wash waste fitting (on the right-hand side of the drip tray).
- Push the syringe plunger fully into the syringe barrel.
- Connect the tubing adapter to the syringe, and then connect the syringe assembly to the seal-wash system’s outlet tubing.
- In the console, select the solvent manager, and then click Control > Prime seal wash > Yes to begin the seal wash priming process.
- Slowly withdraw the syringe plunger, to pull solvent through the system.
- When the seal-wash solution begins to flow into the syringe with relatively few air bubbles, click Control > Prime seal wash to stop the priming process.
- Disconnect the tubing from the syringe assembly, and reconnect it to the fitting on the drip tray.