- Carryover observed in run.
- No needle wash used during run.
- When priming the needle wash, no liquid exiting the waste tube and could not hear the solenoid valve.
ACQUITY UPLC Sample Manager - Flow Through Needle PLUS (SM-FTN PLUS)
Air gap in the wash line due to the U-bend created inside the SM-FTN to the solenoid valve.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Open the side panel for the SM-FTN and remove the tygon tubing for the wash line.
- Pull through the solvent using a syringe.
- Prime the wash to ensure that it is being pulled through and cleaning the needle.