- Replacing column
- Installing new ferrules onto the Active Preheater
- Ferrule will not slide onto tubing
- Tubing appears damaged, no longer round
- ACQUITY UPLC I-Class Sample Manager FTN
- ACQUITY UPLC I-Class Column Heater - Active (CH-A)
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class Bio
- ACQUITY APC
The end of the tubing on the Active Preheater is damaged. An old PEEK ferrule was tightened too many times with a wrench. Repetitive over-tightening of the ferrule has warped the metal tubing of the active preheater, causing it to be too wide for the new ferrule to fit.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Replace the Active Preheater.
The PEEK ferrule is designed for only a few uses per ferrule. Ferrules should be changed out if leaking is observed when installing a column.