OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Set up values for peak detection-based fraction collection (threshold and/or slope) on a Waters Fraction Manager - Analytical (WFMA) using Empower.
- Waters Fraction Manager - Analytical
- In the Instrument Method for the WFMA, click Collection Event Table / Simulation.
Choose "Peak detection" with Threshold and/or Slope activated.
- Choose Action "Collect".
Select the appropriate detector channel in "Peak Detection Data Channels". (If you are acquiring PDA spectra only, none will appear; adapt your PDA method to include a 2D Channel.)
- Choose "Simulation".
Log in to the database using your Empower login and password.
Select a project and choose a representative result (e.g., low standard or control sample).
- In the result, hover over the time point to use it as the reference for future threshold- or slope-based fraction activation.
Enter this value in the "Start Threshold" or "Start Slope" columns of the Collection Event table.
- As in the previous step, determine the end point for threshold or slope and enter this value in the "End Threshold" or "End Slope" column.
- Double-check the values by reopening "Simulation"; the parameters can be applied on different results. Fractions are highlighted in color.