- Pressure fluctuations observed after changing mobile phase
- Pressure fluctuations between 100 psi and 700 psi at 0.3 mL/min in 100% water
- Several wet prime cycles, no air bubbles
- V3 purge outlet clear waste line does not have a steady stream of flow during prime
- Water in line A and B
- Acetonitrile in lines C and D
- Early retention times
- 2695 Separations Module
- 2795 Separations Module
Air bubbles in lines, loss of prime in solvent manager.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Priming the solvent manager:
- Perform a manual dry prime using a syringe to draw mobile phase from each line.
- Perform a wet prime on each solvent management mobile phase line.
- Operate flow rate and confirm pressure stability.
- If pressure fluctuations continue:
- Repeat steps using methanol to remove all air in the lines.
- Consider wet priming one additional step using 25%A, 25%B, 25%C, 25%D composition each line.
For more information, refer to the Waters Alliance e2695 Separations Module Operators Guide.