- Accumulator leak rate fails in the system leak test when including needle/needle seal.
- Accumulator leak rate fails in the system leak test when excluding needle/needle seal.
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class Quaternary Solvent Manager (QSM)
Faulty in-line mixer
FIX or WORKAROUND
Confirm that the in-line mixer is faulty:
- Remove the pump outlet tubing from the outlet port of the in-line mixer and allow methanol to bleed out.
- Stop flow and pin-plug the in-line mixer outlet.
- Run the system leak test to confirm that the test still fails.
If the test passes, investigate the pump outlet tubing and injector pod.
- Tubing, Pump Outlet - 430002452
- Bio Tubing, Pump Outlet - 430002473
- Injection Valve Cartridge - 700005236
- Bio Injection Valve Cartridge - 700005407
Install a union in place of the mixer, allow methanol to bleed out of the union, pin-plug, and then run the system leak test again to confirm that the test passes.
If the test fails, investigate the vent valve and the valve-to-mixer tubing.
- Vent Valve - 700002660
- Bio Vent Valve - 700005413
- Tubing, Vent Valve to Outlet Filter - 430002319
- Bio Tubing, Vent Valve to Outlet Filter - 430002477
After confirming that the in-line mixer is faulty:
- Remove the in-line mixer, loosen the assembly, and then re-tighten it.
- Reinstall the mixer and run the system leak test to confirm that tightening the assembly fixed the leak.
- If the test continues to fail, replace the mixer.
- 100 µL (standard) - 700005119
- 22 µL - 205000731
- 250 µL - 205000719
- Bio 100 µL (standard) - 700005258
- Bio 250 µL - 205000737